CAN SAE J1939: Communication in Mobile Working Machines
What is CAN SAE J1939?
The SAE J1939 network protocol describes communication on a CAN bus in commercial vehicles for transmitting diagnostic data and control information. The protocol was defined by the international Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) and operates on the physical layer with CAN high speed according to ISO 11898.
The focus of application is in the area of the drive train and chassis of commercial vehicles. The protocol is used in heavy vehicles for both road and off-road operation (agricultural and construction machinery).
What can our customers expect from CAN SAE J1939?
• Multimaster system with decentralized network management
• Support for up to 254 logical nodes
• Information is described as parameters (signals) and summarized in parameter groups (PGs) on 4 memory pages (data page)
• Each parameter group is identified by a unique number, the Parameter Group Number (PGN).
What we offer in addition:
• Our sensors can be used universally and are not limited to defined sensor functions in the vehicle, PGNs are stored in the user-specific area (Proprietary B)
• Support for both Dynamic Address Claiming (ACL) and fixed addresses
• Sensors with CAN SAE J1939 interface
If you have any questions, contact our CAN SAE J1939 experts:
Tel. +49 711 4489-250, e-mail: email@example.com